Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Van Wagoners in St.Louis

We have been given the opportunity to enter Brody into a sibling study in St.Louis.  We just made our first trip.  I am beyond excited about this study. This is a huge study that could lead to earlier diagnoses for millions of children.  Over the past year, this is something that I have become passionate about. Liz had a late diagnosis.  I can't help but wonder if our road would have been easier had she gotten that dx earlier.  It has been proven that the earlier you are able to seek intervention services and therapies,  the better chance that child has at being successful.  What if we could diagnose a child with ASD at 6 months?  Think of the possibilities and advantages.  Parents could begin seeking treatments before the child was a year! I am excited to begin a 3 year journey with these people. I am excited to make a difference in the future of other children and families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment