Monday, May 26, 2014

Social Media Vacation

My family is taking a vacation from technology for a week.  Technology (especially social media) rules our roost more than it should.  We are experiencing the hardest part of our year, summer time.  The transition to not having school is especially hard for Liz. I plan to use this week for a variety of things: getting Liz on schedule,  quality time with my family,  inviting the spirit into my home,  and working on controlling the amount of and types of media we allow in our house.

The rules are simple:
#1. No social media.
#2. No unnecessary Internet usage.
#3. Phones are only to be used for texting and calling.
#4. Only church movies will be viewed in our home.  No tv shows or sports.
#5. Music needs to be uplifting and invite the spirit.
#6. All other forms of media (books, magazines, etc.) Should be clean and gospel centered.
#7. No tablets.

Technology can be our best friend,  but it can also enslave us.  I feel like my family needs a break in order to get on the right path.  I truly believe this will make a difference in the spirit that dwells here. I also believe that this week of preparation will help me be a much better Mommy to my bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment