Saturday, September 13, 2014

It's Never to Early to Think About Time Change

There are 2 days a year that I dread, the day daylight savings time begins and the day it ends. It can literally take weeks for Liz to adjust. I'm the past, I have dealt with 3 and 4 AM wakeups until the time changes back several months later. I can be exhausting.
This time I'm fighting back!  We are roughly 7 weeks away from falling back. I plan to move Liz's bedtime back 5 minutes each week. Then we have a week to adjust before the change even hits.
I'm also planning to invest in a toddler alarm clock that changes colors to let her know when it is ok to get out of bed.
I have high hopes that one of these methods will work! Otherwise, I will be available to talk at 3 or 4 AM starting November 2.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone. Our behavior consultant told me years ago that those time changes are hard on the whole autism community and she is right! Autism cannot tell time and does not adjust to time changes. Lisa -Quirks and Chaos

    ReplyDelete