Friday, December 27, 2013

Having Another Baby

I have thought about this post for the last 11 weeks. I have thought about how to explain my thoughts and feelings. Yet, I am still unsure of how to explain everything.

We knew up front that the risk of another child having autism would be incredibly high. One thought that came to my mind was how different my life would be if we had had an earlier diagnosis, one that would have made us decide to not have a second child. I think our life would be pretty empty. Our Butterfly brings so much joy to our family. With that thought constantly on my mind, I was comfortable with the decision to have a third.

So here we are. Yes, I do still feel scared about it sometimes, but I also know that we now know what to look for as well as what resources are available in our area. We are familiar with the teachers and staff at the district preschool, and we have a fabulous doctor. Not to mention the education that both my husband and I have gained.

Only time will tell. I am just grateful for the precious spirit Heavenly Father has sent us. We are looking forward to having a third baby around.

No comments:

Post a Comment