Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Little Sisters are awesome

One thing is certain, our Butterfly knows what her sister needs. On Sunday, we had a family get together in our home. Before it started 2 of the cousins showed up. Naturally they wanted to play with Lizzybug. She wanted to be alone, and went into her sister's room. Butterfly literally stood guard in front of the door and informed the cousins that Liz needed to be alone. Pretty impressive for a kid that just turned 3.

I am constantly amazed at how Butterfly watches out for her big sister. She knows when to leave her alone, when to pursue play, and when to tell her enough is enough. She unselfishly dedicates time to her sister. 

I do worry that one day it will become too much for her, that she will become frustrated and feel less important. I worry that she will feel as if our lives revolve around Liz's needs. I guess in a way our lives do surround Liz's needs. Our family is in a place right now where we are searching hard for and trying to find a balance there. Although, I feel we are far too early in Bug's therapy for that to be a major concern.

I do have to also give a pat on the back to Lizzybug's cousins. I know that they love her so unconditionally. It is amazing to see them all together. There is such a crazy fun love between them all. I just love it. I know that even now Lizzybug is building a support system for long after I am gone. I am glad she has her sister and her cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment