Thursday, February 20, 2014

This Week Has Been Tough

It seems like some weeks/days are harder than others. This week has certainly been one of them. Usually, when a week is like this I hide out. Unfortunately, it's been way too busy around our house for that. So most days I was forced to shower, get dressed, and actually go somewhere. I guess that's not a bad thing.

But instead of focusing on the bad parts of my week I won't to focus on the good. On Sunday, I felt love when someone took the time to come sit with me and help out with Liz. That small gesture went farther than that person will probably ever understand. Just knowing that someone cared enough to leave their pew with their family to tend to mine made my day. This week I am thankful for a network of friends who understand what I am going through. Friends who are able to tell me to snap out of it. Friends who aren't afraid to be honest with me. I am thankful for a husband who helps out aorund the house, who helps with the girls, and who loves me even at my worst. I am thankful for those who have called me just to see how I am doing (even if I don't always answer the phone) and for those who have dropped off brownies (hey that was on my list of ways to help out). 

I find that too often I become so consumed my all the negative around me. I need to take the time to focus on the blessings and the angels sent my way. This isn't easy, but gosh dang it, it is worth it! Now I need to find a way to pass on the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment