Thursday, March 20, 2014

SOS!

Monday we will start the SOS Approach to Feeding. I am slightly nervous about this. It's a lot to take in, but I think we are ready. The hope is that we will be able to expand Liz's diet, and help her establish some better eating habits. After reading up on it, I think all kids could benefit, not just kids with sensory issues. It focuses a lot on getting them to branch out and try new things. It also helps them establish some good habits.

I loved the page with myths. I love, love, love that is stated kids need 5-6 meals a day! I don't know how many times I have heard people say kids shouldn't snack. I snack, so I would assume my kids would need to as well. Especially with the amount of energy they use. I also love that it addressed that some kids WILL starve themselves. I always hear that Liz won't, but the thing is, she will.

This should be an interesting experiment for our family. I plan to update regularly on our progress over the next 2 weeks. I am hoping that we see some major results. I am so glad that we have a therapist who listens to our concerns and helps us find solutions. She has worked some serious miracles in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment