Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kindergarten Roundup Tomorrow!

Tomorrow we will be registring Bug for school. She is so excited. A few weeks ago we had our transition IEP meeting, and I was really pleased with what they have put together. Liz will have para in the classroom for all of her core classes. She will be pulled out for a half hour of reading and a half hour of math. During that time they will prep her for her skills that she will learn the next day in class. She will also have 20 minute speech sessions 4 days a week. She is exempt from all state testing, and she will be pulled out and read any tests if she needs it.

I don't think we could have asked for a better IEP! I was really impressed. There wasn't much that I felt like I needed to question. It's probably her best IEP yet. It made me feel much better about the transition next year. I feel like they are doing a good job of offering her proper supports.

Tomorrow will be her second tour of the school. I am glad that she's been able to see it multiple times. She realzies she's going to the "Big Kid School" next year. She knows she will have new teachers and that there will be new kids. She is really excited for that.

I just wish I knew if we were going to be living in this school district next year. That's the one thing about our situation that stinks. That's questionable right now. Hopefully we will know soon so we can really start to prep her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment