Friday, April 18, 2014

SOS Diet Final Update

I got so caught up with Autism Awareness Month that I completely forgot to continue updating. After 2 weeks on the SOS Diet Liz ate mashed potatoes, something she had formerly liked and chosen to remove from her diet. It was just a few bites, but it was awesome! She also has been much better about not grazing (as long as I remember to have our assigned snack times). I feel like the biggest benefit for us was having a set schedule for meals (including snacks). Our behavioral therapist had also suggested moving our larger meal to lunch time, and they made a huge difference in how she ate. Because my husband works nights, this actually fits our schedule better. So would I recommend it? Yes, absolutely. It was a lot of work, but we saw results.

No comments:

Post a Comment