Saturday, August 23, 2014

2 Weeks In The Trenches

Two weeks of school down.  I've already sent several emails to the school. I feel like everything is a battle.  I just want my child to succeed. Am I asking that much? Liz does seem to be enjoying school though.  She's also making friends! 

I know it had been a hard transition for her though. It all comes out when she gets off the bus.   It comes out when she feels safe and loved, at Papa and Nana's home and at our house.  Those are the places where she knows she's surrounded by people who love her and care about her, people who will take her as she is.

It's been a rough few weeks. I am so proud of Liz though.  She has gone out and made friends, had mostly good behavior in school,  and seems to be keeping up with the rest of the class.

I have high hopes that over the next few weeks we will be able to iron out everything with the school.  Until then, I'm trying to take deep breaths and counting to 10 repeatedly.  Trying to not let these past few weeks break my faith in the system. I guess you could say I'm just hanging in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment