Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Product Review

Liz hates having her hair washed. It's actually a pretty traumatic experience for her. I'm pretty sure it's all sensory. Poor girl also has curly hair that tangles easily.  So I recently discovered a product sold by Sage Products that allows you to wash and condition hair without water. It looks like a shower cap.
The steps were simple. I stuck it in the microwave for a few seconds, so that it wasn't cold. Then, my sister and I massaged it in for a good 2 or 3 minutes.  Because Liz has curly hair we let it stay on in a few more minutes.
The final result was, her hair did in fact look like it had been washed. It did not condition as well as I would have liked (then again Liz gets huge tangles so easily) but we solved that with a wide tooth comb and some detangler. Liz wasn't thrilled about the cap being on her head, but she did not scream about it. It was a little large because it only comes in adult sizes. The price is also a bit high for regular use (there's only one per package).
Will I order them again? Probably.  Anything to make our lives a little easier!

You can find the product here: http://shop.sageproducts.com/comfort-rinse-free-shampoo-cap-p14.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment